The history of Canim Lake Resort is as rich as the land it resides on.
Canim Lake Resort was established in 1930, by David Newall. Originally it was a hunting and fishing camp, created as a home base to access some of the best food resources in the province. The Newall version of Canim Lake Resort was not the comforting vision that stands today.
insert more history
Newell’s lodge was lost to a fire, but the memories live on in photographs. While uncovering these historical documents, rumours surfaced that this was a vacationing spot for the late President Hoover, which is why an area ( Hoover Bay) has been named after him.
The office and main house is a architectural beauty with rustic charm, and was added on by a woodworking teacher who built it himself.
The resort was purchased by husband and wife team in 1990, where it began the journey to become what you recognize today.
information about Rudy
The Lodge, the heart of the resort, was build in 1993.